Removing viruses from the site
Treatment of the site from viruses, as well as system recovery after damage by virus programs. Very often, viruses infect the resources of the global network, and anti-virus programs cannot guarantee reliable protection of the user's PC, because the body of the malicious program is not located on the web resource, but only a link to the page with the virus code is written in the code.
Thank you, your application has been accepted.
In the near future the manager will contact you.
Why resources need to be treated for malware
The main reasons for removing viruses on the site:
- the virus negatively affects the functioning of the website;
- all PCs of visitors to the network resource are automatically infected;
- search engines will ban a web page that contains malicious content. At first, search engines give several days to troubleshoot, but then, if the website has not been cleaned, a message will appear next to it for users about the danger of the page they want to go to;
- the hoster will block the IP address when sending spam from an infected site.
It is better to seek help from specialists
Self-cleaning the resource from malicious code can bring serious problems, because you can confuse and delete the executive code that is responsible for the data on the server. If you delete it, the information will be irretrievably lost.
Website treatment includes:
- scrutinizing all website files;
- high-quality cleaning from malicious codes;
- deep search for infection;
Often, malicious content is added to a web page only after the accounts of users who have access to the server have been hacked, or the page has vulnerabilities in the software. Therefore, after removing viruses from the site, you need to update the software, because plugins, the content management system, and the server software are not protected from infection. Further, specialists will conduct a deep audit and take appropriate protection methods so that such problems no longer arise.
Basic rules for reliable web site protection
- You should only use complex passwords and never leave this information on your computer. For example, browsers offer to remember the password, you should always refuse this possibility. This rule especially applies to registered users who have advanced features.
- When managing the website and adjusting system codes, you should only log in from computers that have antivirus software. Better to use a PC with rare software.
- Regularly update the software both on the PC and on the web server, which will help to recognize vulnerabilities and increase their security.
- Make regular website and database backups.
- Monitor the safety of the website's Internet resource.
Virus programs can get on the page in those places where information is displayed from other resources, so you need to work only with verified ones. Typically these include social media extensions, audio or video files.
How to recognize the presence of a virus on a website?
- When the page is loaded, the antivirus on the PC signals the possibility of infection.
- Other users of the resource warn about the presence of viral content.
- When logging in using FTP, the user will notice the different sizes and date of the index file.
- New files have appeared.
- Through the server, you can see that unfamiliar files receive frequent requests.
- The index file of the page contains someone else's code, which can be included in the [iframe] [/ iframe] tags, as well as after [BODY] or [HTML].